Monday, September 05, 2005

It's amazing what beauty can be found in out-of-the-way places, even in cyberspace. A few weeks ago, through a roundabout path of clicking on blog links, I discovered a site called "Daily Dose of Imagery." Sam Javanrouh, born in Tehran but currently residing in Toronto, posts one photo a day at http://wvs.topleftpixel.com and invites people to leave comments. He has nature shots, buildings, people, whatever...ranging from the peaceful to the profound (and occasionally the profane). Nearly every one of them challenge me to think - about life, about photography, about the world we live in. Who would have thought that I could be so edified by a glance at a computer screen?

Today's post is a shot of the Radcliffe Camera, set in the middle of Oxford under a grey cloudy sky. Sam recently returned from Oxford, where he helped his friend Kamyar Adl set up his own photoblog, kamshots (www.kamshots.co.uk). Here are more glimpses into the heart and soul of my adopted country - places I know and places I've yet to discover. Both these men make me homesick with their photos, but they also move my heart and touch my soul. This is the upside of digital technology: bringing beauty to a bleak cyberuniverse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I'm diggin' some of those pics. That is excellent photography.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home