Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm up before noon on a Saturday. Not only up, but showered, dressed and reasonably coherent. Despite the fact that I didn't go to bed until...well, I won't tell you when.

Five weeks left to do the college thing. Five weeks left to sit on the couch with Bethany and gab till late at night, go over documents at CS with a purple Sharpie marking pen, join the crowd of ACU students streaming to chapel and read strange literature like a maniac. (When I'm out of college I will still read like a maniac, for your information...but I get to choose. I can't wait.)

I'm stuck in the space between knowing this is all about to be over and being incredibly bored with the routine. I'm not sure what to do with being here. But here I am. Confused, and a little anxious, but still alive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie,

The future may be unclear right now but know that God has a plan for you. Your sister once shared with me these words...

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

...and I have kept them close to my heart every since.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Katie - enjoy these last few weeks.

I'll be blogging about this a bit tomorrow, but I met your 65 y/o twin today. She sang Ave Maria at a wedding I officiated. Except for the diff in age, you two were matched in personality, looks, size, interests, and demeanor. It was really something!

BTW, you age very well, in case you wondered ;-)

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home