Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Inspired by Advent, one of my favourite seasons, and also by some recent events in my life, I wrote an article on Advent that was published in this week's Radiant e-mail newsletter. You can find it here.

The Christmas party/event whirlwind has begun. Highland children's musical on Sunday (soooo cute), a party Monday night (Highland staff and families), one last night (Come As You Are), my work party next week, and maybe more in the meantime. Whew! At least all my presents are purchased (though not all wrapped). I loooove being a Christmas elf, but I love it even more when my shopping is done early. (Thank you, Amazon.)

Happy belated birthday to my dear friend Cole. Who knew he shared a birthday with Sinatra? Seems to have been written in the stars...

Last night's telling question from The Sound of Paper by Julia Cameron: "If I felt I were beautiful enough, good enough, and worthy enough, how would I act?"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three things:
1. I am going to have to read this Julia Cameron!
2. Your article is just beautiful.
3. I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Katie, I really appreciated your article. It is beautifully written, and I thank you for your transparency, as this quality is so often such a gift to others. I particularly appreciated the reminder that we are given glimpses of light and can be those for others.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Katie,

I read your blog quite often and I have been immensely blessed by the depth, beauty, and authenticity of your spirit! You are a precious and beautiful servant of the Lord and I praise Him for your gifts of singing (I attend Highland), and writing. My prayer for you in this Advent season is that you will allow the Messiah to continually cultivate the soil of your soul to reveal a glorious harvest. Blessings to you!
Lauren Cunningham

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent article, Katie!

Jeremiah's mom

7:54 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

girl..you got some talent!!!

do you believe I haven't done any christmas shopping..?..katie, it's december 18th yikes!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Katie,

I changed my blog address to http://www.deuxbijoux.blogspot.com/

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! Busy girl!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home