Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Odds 'n' ends

Naturalized French writer Kristin Espinasse begins her blog today with the plea, "Write it down while it is fresh in your mind, fresh as the hand grated parmesan that falls over scalding hot risotto." The rest of the entry is a tour de force for the senses and an inspiring urge to write. I'm completely addicted to her blog already, but after this, I shall be even more. Go here to read the rest of it.

I had a sartorialist moment today and came up with a chic new outfit: cropped pants with tights, black heels and an eggplant-coloured shirt. I feel very fashionable. And comfy to boot.

Item: I DID whip up some cookies the other night, after the "cookies are love" quote. Gingersnaps that night for J, who loves them more than any cookie but snickerdoodles (I'm the chocoholic in the relationship), and oatmeal chocolate chunk last night, with leftover frozen dough. Both turned out rather well, if I do say so myself. Yummmmm.

Finally, here are some pictures of my adorable little flat, all decked out for Christmas. 19 days...get excited!


My little tree, all decked out (though it now has a star atop it)...


My festive kitchen...my friend Tiffany made me this tree out of coat hangers, garland and lights in the seventh grade. It's held up well!


The wreath I made from last year's decorations...it's amazing what can be done with a few balls, snowflakes, some ribbon and a wreath.


And me next to my little tree...wishing all of you a VERY merry holiday season!

6 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

awww...merry christmas darlin!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin is EVERYWHERE these days! I've been receiving her French Word A Day emails for two years now!

Yet another reason why you and I make a good team!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Very sweet pictures!!! I still have my tree standing ornamentless but they are in boxes in the living room! Maybe tomorrow!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

very cute tree, Katie. I love your festive spirit.

Okay, now how short do those cropped pants have to be in order to pull that off? I am SOOO out of the loop these days ;)

6:30 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

was that bottom picture our Christmas Card...I feel so cheated...J got cookies and didn't share, snickledoodlepoop!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The flat looks so festive and dreamy! I miss it terribly, but I'm glad YOU live there and have made it so charming. :-)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home