Friday, October 20, 2006

My dear friend Jon has a knack for finding the most lovely unexpected things. Check out these wonderful pillows from the Bloomberg offices in London:







Valerie and I had a fabulous time brainstorming what the couches in our Oxford houses (or her house in Abilene, fondly known as House 9) would have said. "Oxford," "gelato," "Whitby," "kebabs," "travel," "Blackwells," "Canterbury," "Aldates," "open market"...the list goes on...all the way to Val's favorite, "talent show extravaganza!" I told her she'd have to have a whole room for that one. :)

If I had more than one small loveseat in my small flat, what would I want my couch(es) to say? I think I'd want them to say things like "Dance," "Live," "Laugh," "Joy," "Hope" and "Friend." Maybe "Stay" or "Relax" or "Play." What would your couches say?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

probbaly 'couch'

:D

12:32 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

Mine would say "color" "wonder" "awe" "glory" "surrender" "forgive" "trust" "dance" "be" - well you get the picture. These are awesome and wonderful pillows. I want them!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Jacque said...

SIT

STAY

REST

Or, my personal favorite, "Leave room for the holy spirit."

I would also second "G&D's" and "dance"

3:24 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Katie, I love dance, stay, joy... You know, if anything can be determined from the words we would want on our couches, I am pretty sure we could have been roomies :)

I bet one could make these fairly easily.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

these are sooo cool!!! I think I'd like POSITIVE words..."DREAM"
"HAPPY" "FORGIVE" etc...so I'd have constant reminders :))

11:38 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

I'm not around much anymore probably just VACANT.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Mine would say DONT FART

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best pillows EVER! I like Candy saying hers would be "surrender"

Good word, loooooooooooong couch.

Mine would MOST DEF be "laugh"

11:05 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Hope, yeah, I think all of them would say Hope...

3:52 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Katie, thanks for bringing the copy of "Radiant" magazine by the desk tonight. It's spectacular, and I ended up subscribing online before I even finished the issue! I hope to see some more of YOUR articles inside the next few issues! :-)

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wee! I totally can't get enough of these pillows. I think I may attempt to make a set of my own.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Blondie, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

10:47 PM  
Blogger G'ampa C said...

I think mine would say "family" and "love" and "welcome" and "children".

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home