Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Booktag

Tagged by Julie D. at least a week ago...I am quite tardy in following up, but here are my (current) answers to some questions about one of my VERY favourite things.

1. One book that changed my life: Do I have to pick just one? The Lord of the Rings trilogy swept me up in a great and grand story...Anne of Green Gables introduced me to a dear friend...Blindness horrified me but made me more aware of grace...there are so many more.

2. One book you have read more than once: Most of them...but I think I've read Little Women the most times (it's my favourite).

3. One book you would want on a desert island: currently, The Sound of Paper by Julia Cameron

4. One book that made you laugh: No Children, No Pets – a childhood favourite that I still love. "Everything in here but the kitchen sink...Ouch! Here is the kitchen sink! I just banged my shin on it." :)

5. One book that made you cry: Where the Red Fern Grows...sniff...sniff...

6. One book you wish you had written: I Capture the Castle. Better yet, I want to be friends with Cassandra Mortmain and her lovable, unconventional stepmother, Topaz, and share in their adventures.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy...these books made me so angry and sad that I almost didn't finish reading them. They're well written, but they hurt my heart and soul.

8. One book you are currently reading: The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin (it's technically a reread, but sooo good)

9. One book you have been wanting to read: Evasions by Melanie Jeschke (the third in the Oxford Chronicles series - just released!). And when our lives slow down a bit, Jeremiah and I are going to continue our read-aloud journey through the Chronicles of Narnia series. (After we finish Mr. Popper's Penguins...which he is enjoying, since it involves not one, but a whole dozen of his favourite tuxedo-clad birds.)

10. Booktag five other people: Jeremiah, Laurie, Scott, Cole and Candy

11. One book you would like to see made into a movie: one (or more) of the short stories in Jhumpa Lahiri-s Interpreter of Maladies. The only drawback is that you'd lose the elegant, lyrical prose on a movie screen.

12. One children's book you always recommend: The Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace (Betsy and the Great World is my favourite one) for chapter books, and Guess How Much I Love You for a picture book

13. One young adult book you always recommend: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (for girls!) and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (for both boys and girls)

14. One book character you'd like to have lunch with: There are dozens...but for now, Azar Nafisi, who wrote (and narrated) Reading Lolita in Tehran, a fascinating nonfiction account of being a literate woman in Iran.

Blog party at Cole's house tonight. Get excited!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Another friend tagged me for the same questionnaire a few days ago.Isn't it hard to pick just one or a couple of books for every answer?

I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow! :-)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home