Monday, August 21, 2006

As previously disclosed on the Chatbox (for those of you who read it), I GOT A JOB!!! A real one, with office hours and benefits and a staff parking tag and everything! Yes, that's right...on Wednesday at 8 a.m. sharp, I will begin work as the new Bible department administrative assistant at ACU. It all happened so fast...here's the approximate timeline:

On July 30 at Lifeteam, I met Pam Pemberton (wife of Glenn, the department chair - their precious daughter T'auna is a regular at our Lifeteam), and she told me Glenn needed a secretary. I sent in my app to Human Resources later that week.

For two more weeks, I worried and agonized over not only that, but lots of other jobs, and sent out resumes, and worried some more.

While in Nashville on Aug. 15, I got a call from the department asking me to set up an interview. On Aug. 18, after driving back to Abilene the night before, I spent an hour with Glenn Pemberton and Camille Dickson (a friend of mine, who works in the department), interviewing. About 24 hours later, Glenn called and offered me the job! - but told me I should think about it. (Which was helpful, since I needed to think about it...talk about a quick turnaround!)

After talking to several dear friends, making two extensive pro-and-con lists (one for Abilene and one for Nashville), talking to my mom, talking to Jeremiah, praying a LOT, and being at Lifeteam last night, I came to the conclusion...this is the right thing, at least for now. There are so many people who love me, and whom I love, in this town. I can't leave this family yet...not the Lifeteam, not Highland, not the blogosphere folks who are in A-town, not Jeremiah, not my sister, not my dear roommate Leigh Anne. I need to be here. When I said that last night, Marlene smiled and said, "We want you to stay." Calvin couldn't stop smiling. Lorin hugged me and kissed my cheek and said, "We're glad you're going to be around." T'auna was so excited she couldn't form a complete sentence. And Sarah Butcher grinned at me and said, "Yes. You need to be here."

So that's the story. I have a job!!! Thanks so much to everyone who prayed and thought about me and left encouraging comments and listened to me worry over these past months. I love all of you. Hugs. :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Richard Beck said...

Katie,
Congratulations on the job!
Best,
Richard

5:12 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

CONGRATS! I figured when I saw it on the chatbox that it was this one and I must say I am so pleased you will be staying here in Abilene! I'm just starting to get to know you and I don't want to let you go yet!

7:02 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

Awesome darlin awesome. God is doing some powerful things through Blogdome

8:25 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Katie, that's great. Congratulations!

9:45 PM  
Blogger T'auna said...

ALL I can say is Big smile! and congrats ohh and don't let my dad show you to many pics of the dogs!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

I think it would be so great to have a job at ACU - that is if you want a job. I'm with Candy.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

YAY!!! Congrats. I'm so proud of you, but then I am ALWAYS proud of you ;-)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations again! You deserve it. And thanks for your sweet e-mail! It just made my day. :-)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

Congratulations

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! It's been such a blessing to sit back and watch you let God take control of this situation. I know it was difficult for you, but so rewarding at the same time. As Wayne Barnard told me yesterday, you're perfect for this job. I love you a lot!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger G'ampa C said...

Heeeeeehehehehehehehe......

7:34 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Congrats, Katie. Blessings to you as you start this semester.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home