Monday, July 24, 2006

What a busily productive day! Interviews, writing profiles, proofreading, catching up on blogs, and sending a HUGE email to my friend Jenny in China with the latest roundup of our Oxford family. I really just want to keep everyone updated on each other forever. Honestly, that would be the best job!

Confession: I am addicted to InStyle magazine (there are four issues littering my room right now). I hate most fashion magazines because they're trashy and over-the-top trendy (and absolutely sex-saturated), but InStyle has clean lines, makeup tips that actually work, fun articles on trends, and lots of cute clothes to drool over. In the back of every issue, they quiz a celebrity on her "guilty pleasures." In the spirit of totally celebrating girliness, I'm going to use their categories and offer my favorites...

Beauty binge: Recently it's been fun eyeliner. I now own it in four colors...it always reminds me so pleasantly of stage makeup. I feel like a diva when I swipe it on in the morning. Traditionally, though, it's lip gloss...I must have seven different kinds in my purse.

Cheesy movie: For total chick flick, it's You've Got Mail or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. For campy and hilarious, it's Clue or Tommy Boy. "Shut up, Richard!"

Cocktail: I usually don't drink, but if I do, it's going to be sangria. Preferably at a tapas bar in Spain...but I'll take it in the States too.

Fashion addiction: Mossimo tank tops from Target. I have seven of them, and I looove them. They're soft and casual and cute. And long enough...they don't require constant tugging.

Fast food: Rosa's chicken fajitas with queso...the BEST. I think I eat them three times a week. At least.

Karaoke song: Don McLean's "American Pie"...yes, all seven-ish minutes of it. My dad and I know EVERY word. (He likes the part where the marching band refused to yield, since I was in band in high school.) Oh, and Barry Manilow's "Copacabana."

Midnight snack: Dark chocolate. Or ice cream, if we have it. Or both.

How about y'all? Guilty pleasures? I'm curious. (But please not too guilty...keep it PG-rated! And guys, if you're weearing lip gloss and eyeliner...well, I really don't want to know.)

Happy Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Well, I'm not really into the spirit of celebrating girliness :)
But I'll give you a few of my guilty pleasures. Actually, I'll list a topic, and see if you can guess what I'm gonna say before I continue.

Beauty binge: The simpler, the better.

Cheesy movie: Can we count Emperor's New Groove? If we're sticking with chic flicks, my favorite is When Harry Met Sally. That movie celebrates girliness.

Cocktail: Ummm...daiquiris are my favorite. I don't drink. The taste of alcohol on my breath is one of my least favorites.

Fashion addiction: Soccer jerseys. And flip flops.

Fast food: Chicken Express. Or Rosas. Although none of them I would consider guilty pleasures like...

General food: Italian food. Anytime. Anywhere.

Karaoke song: Anything from the 80s. Journey. U2. INXS. A host of one-hit wonders. Ritchie and I have been jamming out to 80s songs all afternoon on my launchcast.

Midnight snack: Whataburger breakfast. It's better than it sounds, trust me. For the rare sweet tooth moments, cheesecake

6:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Ummmmmmmmmm...

Confession: I like that magazine too. I swear, I must be the gayest hetero in the WORLD!

Beauty binge: Well, I DO shave my legs, but I counter that by letting the hair grow between my eyebrows.

Cheesy movie: Just shut up and don't EVEN say it. I was redeemed by Pink Panther.

Cocktail: Ok, now I can get a bit more man-cred. No coctails for me.

Fashion addiction: I'll NEVER be able to wear shoes again. And I DO own like ... I dunno ... 35 pairs of cargo shorts.

Fast food: Uggghhhh.

Karaoke song: Sing it with me, folks... "Ohhhhh Mandy, well you came and you gave without taking..." See what I mean - it's all a bit too ambiguous for my own comfort ;-)

Midnight snack: Anyone care for a taste of my splenda-sweetened ice cream? No???? Sweeeet - more for me!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty binge: Every now and then i'll treat myself to a shower. i'll comb if it's a really special occasion

Cheesy Movie: Anything by Mel Brooks, Spaceballs is a clear winner.

Cocktail: Cream Brandy Alexander's, Pina Colada's.

Fashion Addiction: Suit with no tie for work. somehow i get away with it. i think it's because most people just turn up in a shirt.

Fast Food: Oporto's chicken. Foodcourt Chinese food is allways a blast too. you take your life into your own hands if you eat the stuff after its been sitting out for a few hours.

General Food: i will also go with Italian. it's my staple.

Karaoke: Blues Bro's. I'd like to do Zoot Suit Riot one day too.

Midnight Snack: Bowl of pasta usually.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I am totally addicted to Vogue. I actually started reading the articles, and they are amazing!

Beauty binge: well, I just got a pedicure for the first time. I was in NYC and my sandals broke. I had some time so I went out and bought new ones. Then I walked down the street and saw this totally pink pedicure place. They even gave me a cosmo while I was there. Don't ask me how much I paid. But now I can say I had a pedicure in NYC while drinking a cosmo. PS--Tell them to go light on the massage. Watch out for the thumbs. My toes looked great but the massage was some form of eastern jitsu or something.

Cheesy movie: OK I need to pick TV show...Sex and the City!!

Cocktail: does liking whiskey sours make me a secret grumpy old man?

Fashion addiction: Ann Taylor Loft

Fast Food: Unfortunately, any. But if you are broke the Jr. Whopper is good. I love the BK Big Fish. And Taco Bell gorditas rock the house.

Karaoke song: Love Shack as a duet!

Midnight snack: whatever my roomate has that is good and I can steal.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

American Pie..one of my favorites...I could sing the whole song with you, Katie!!!

...and can you teach me how to dance real slow...

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Comment: Copacabana! Woo! I downloaded that ringtone to my best friend's phone when she wasn't paying attention and she was like "who the deuce put BARRY MANILOW ON MY CELL PHONE?!" as I sit in the corner whistling casually.

Beauty binge: Pricey Shampoo and Conditioner

Cheesy movie: You've Got Mail or any dancing movie

Cocktail: uh... if I'm going to drink something, I'd choose whiskey over a cocktail (yes, it's true)

Fashion addiction: shoes, jackets and anything with lace

Fast food: I'll go with Tim Hortons :)

General food: Mexican!!!

Karaoke song: I'm not sure...

Midnight snack: Nachos!!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home