Friday, July 21, 2006

So, last night's Blogger Reunion, Installment 2:

Clint+Happy+Alana+Candy+Bev+Katie+Cole(plus Scott, via phone - we passed him around and it was so much fun)=absolute hilarity. Good times and great oldies, as Cole said. I hadn't laughed that much in a while. Here are some highlights:

-Bev covering her face with a napkin, laughing, turning red, then telling about the time she drove across the Mojave Desert in a Volkswagen van as her brother strummed a guitar.

-Happy telling story after story about swing dancing, fishing, mistaken identities, dates with a stripper, churches in Austin and I don't even know what else.

-Clint being, well, Clint - as relentlessly sarcastic as always, though he is lovable under there, dang it. :)

-Cole letting loose with the high-pitched laugh, and tossing names of musical groups around like confetti.

-Candy and Alana, heads bent together, talking and laughing like good friends do.

-All of us harassing the poor wait staff - they didn't know what they were getting into!

-Passing Scott around via Cole's cell phone, as he biked around Honolulu (I know, life is ROUGH in Hawaii...)

-Just being with good friends, who I don't get to see in the flesh often enough. We should make this a regular occurrence, guys. After all, most of us live in Abilene, for Pete's sake.

Happy Friday to all! And to all a wonderful weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Flake said...

Nicely put Discom...

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished reading your piece about ballet flats. I agree completely! I absolutely love ballet flats because I am WAY too clumsy to walk in heels. I really enjoy reading your writing. - Katie S. from Summerville, Ga

6:43 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

so much fun!!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Katie..it behooves me that you even want to hang out with the lot of us...I still am thinking you are getting some great book ideas..!! How much do I love ya girl!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

That was really fun. I looked for you at church yesterday but I never saw you. Love ya girl!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home