Friday, June 30, 2006

I GOT AN ARTICLE PUBLISHED!

Yes, it's true. My article "25 Tokens of Success" is now part of the Career/Finance section of RELEVANT magazine online. You can read it here.

Note that for this, I learned how to insert links into Blogger. That's a big deal for me. But not nearly as big as seeing my OWN byline in a place other than ACU Today. And I got the sweetest email from the section editor, saying she enjoyed the article and encouraging me to keep writing! (Oh, I will. Believe me, I will.)

I have thought of myself as a writer for a long time - because I do write, and I have such a passion for it. And as Al Haley has said, "Real writers can't not write, if you know what I mean." But it's very affirming to learn that someone else also sees you as a writer. And a good one at that!

Please read the article and let me know what you think. (And if you hate it, please don't tell me - I'm riding high!) Happy Friday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Katie--Congrats on your first non-ACU Today publication. I really liked what you had to say, very honest and thought-provoking (very much like you). I hope that this is just a start/continuation to a great writing career. Can't wait to see what comes up next. Love ya

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jacque said...

Katie!!! That's fantastic...muchas congratulations and kudos. I'll toast you to tea and scones.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Katie - Congratulations!!! How incredibly cool is this for you!! I read the article and have to say that your list portrays to me deep inner peace, abundance and joy in the everyday things. This is a life well lived in my humble opinion. People will be drawn to you because of the comfort they find here.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Katie!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

way to go girl wow...awesome!!!!

Bev in a crowd..."So anyway..what..Oh Katie Noah, the writer, yes, she if my friend, yep, seriously..and she is awesome!"

Hey girl..which night are you and your roomates going to Romeo and Juliet?

10:29 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Hey you, I am so happy for your success. You have important things to say and I know that many will listen. Keep writing from your heart and with great honesty and you will go far. Can't wait to see where you are in 10 years.
Sorry that we missed Jeremiah this weekend. We missed our flight yesterday and got in later than we were supposed to and we are all exhausted. It was a great trip but we are so tired.
Love you and can't wait to see you soon.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home