Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I love:

-Unexpected letters and phone calls from friends (I've had both this week) :)

-Bethany being in town - it does my heart good to laugh with her until the wee sma's, and know that she's still sleeping in the next room when I leave for work in the mornings.

-Free food two nights in a row...Mark has been nice enough to pay for our dinners as we've hung out with him and his nephews.

-Being able to go barefoot at work. And wear sarongs, and eat chocolate, and listen to music I love.

-The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie soundtrack. I know, I'm obsessed - but it's a collection of great summer songs and love songs. And it goes with a great story.

-People who are friendly when you call them for fact-checks or interviews. A little common courtesy and friendliness goes a LONG way with me.

I hate:

-Not being able to talk to Jeremiah (he's in Mexico with the youth group). Is this how he felt when I was in Oxford over Spring Break?

-Not having a job. Or any promise of one, or any direction for my life. Enough said.

-Not having enough money to buy all the books I want...but I suppose I never will.

-Discovering that the luxurious chunky yarn at Hobby Lobby isn't quite as on sale as I thought it was. Darn.

-Waiting on people to call me back for interviews and fact-checks. Come on, people. You're not THAT busy, even though it's summer.


Looking at these two lists, though, I think the things I love outweigh the things I hate. And that makes me smile. :) Some days, that's all you can ask for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Katie--Yah, this is exactly how I felt when you were in Oxford and I was unable to talk to you. Let's not do that again. Love you!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home