Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The database is DONE! At least for the moment...until I have to start working on the photo section of it. I even went above and beyond the call of duty, and catalogued about five years of Horizons magazine (the forerunner to ACU Today). We don't have details for the photo section yet, so I get a breather for right now. To apply for yet more jobs, and email people, et cetera.

What should I do with myself this coming year? (Besides lie on the beach in Hawaii. Scott keeps telling me that, and I keep telling him to stop tempting me.) Seriously. Any ideas? My resumes are flying all over the place, but none of them have found a place to lodge yet. And this business of applying for jobs, trying to sell oneself in order to make money, is a dull deal. I hate corporate culture.

I did finish Through Painted Deserts today. Makes me want to drive to Oregon, though not in a barely-working Volkswagen van. Maybe we should take our next blogger road trip to someplace exotic. At least more exotic than Early. Anyone in?

8 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

whoo..I am so there..exotic..!

I am working in the Library tonight so I am going to try to get my hands on the painted desert book..

love you, sweet alien eyes Katie:)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

rats nobody has it????

6:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Bev, you can borrow mine!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

great!!! hmmm...how can I get it? Are you going to be at Highland tomorrow night?...maybe we could rendevous?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Early was pretty exotic for ME!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

hey..I drove to California once in a broken volkswagon van..lots of stories...

12:36 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

I drove my 63 chevy pickup towing my 68 volkswagen bug to portland for college in 1978. The VW saw many miles of coastline between L.A. and Olympic Nat Forest. The truck spent the night in the shadow of a spent St. Helens some four months after she blew.

I'm all for a group rumage down to Big Bend for New Years. I am going to the Catskills in 3/07

11:54 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I'M IN!!!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home