Friday, June 02, 2006

The end is in sight! This afternoon I began the 1970s segment of what has been a truly gigantic project...the ACU Today database. I've been going at the rate of about four or five years a day, so with a couple more days on it, I should be back in 1970 and done with the whole shebang. (I'm sure there's a cool time travel joke there, but my brain is too tired to make it.)

In other news, I'm getting sick of eating sandwiches...despite my dangerously low bank account, I'm going to have to run to Wal-Mart this weekend. No two ways about it. Peanut butter and jelly can only go so far.

And I'm halfway through Light from Heaven and loving every chapter...tearing up during most of them, actually. Jan Karon's books may not endure for centuries as have some of the great classics. But she's created a whole townful of characters that are real. I know people like these. And she's made me love them, and I'm literally crying and laughing as I read the last part of their story. (Maybe this points to a serious lack of actual human contact these days. Could be.)

That's it for now...think I'll go and make myself a dish of pasta. And then, to Wal-Mart. Can't put it off forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I love her books!!! You are so right..the characters are so real that I actually miss them..

oh, congrats on finishing a big project!!

6:38 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Katie, you have to come over for dinner sometime next week. You know that you can come and hang out at our house anytime. We are not always very good at making a nutritious dinner but we are company. We would love to see you more.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

"If I had a million dollars
We wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner
But we would eat Kraft Dinner
Of course we would, we’d just eat more
And buy really expensive ketchups with it
That’s right, all the fanciest dijon ketchups
Mmmmmm"

-"If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home