Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well, I've been promising everyone: "When I know what I'm doing after graduation, you will know! I will be shouting it from the rooftops, I'll be so excited!" Funny how, when things actually start to fall into place, my primary emotion (after the initial elation) is not wild excitement but quiet relief.

I can keep my job here in Abilene for the summer. So I was informed last week, after a week of email tag with Ron. They will need me for the summer issue of ACU Today, for various odd proofreading jobs, and for whatever else needs doing around the office. Still part-time with no benefits, but as I'm not looking to stay on full-time, I'm all right with that. And when the lease is up on my little cottage, I will move into Betsy's pink and brown room on Avenue F, and pass another summer in A-town. I don't mind too much. I've grown kind of attached to this place, despite desperately wanting to leave it next year. And it'll be a good transition between college life and whatever the world out there has for me.

As for next year...nothing has certainly come through yet. But I do have an offer to go back to a place I love, and do something I love. Money will be an issue (grrr) as will a few other things...but He is surely big enough to work them out if that's best for me. Forgive the cryptic-ness...I'm trying not to jump the gun. But we'll see. I may be just weeks away from the fulfillment of a long-held dream.

In other news, it's my last "normal" week at ACU (though since when is life at ACU ever normal)? Time at the office. Literary discussions in classes. Come As You Are. Black Tulip poetry reading tonight. Singing at Highland and in choir. Chapel, in various forms. And Fajita Fest 2K6, on Cinco de Mayo. I'm jazzed.

Maybe I'll even find some time to study for finals...

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Or you can come here and contemplate your future over at Volcano Joes. Your room will be ready, as soon as Cole goes back to Abilene.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

And in other news, my birthday's Friday. Thanks for leaving that off :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending more time with you the last few weeks of your college career. Love ya

Jeremiah

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home