Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Facebook is the greatest thing EVER. It's an absolute gold mine of contact information and details about people. I know this is one thing that makes it slightly voyeuristic, but it's also an incredible networking/research tool. (One of the job calls I got last month included a question on whether I'd done a lot of Internet research. I told them yes - it was true then - but it's about 18 times more true now!)

I'm glad I've been sending lots of emails/having meetings/researching on Facebook today, because I feel a little mopey. Jeremiah left last night after an absolutely magical two days in Abilene. Bethany and I were chatting in the kitchen when he pulled up, and I couldn't stop smiling from the moment I hugged him hello. We had the Lifeteam (well, most of it) over on Sunday night...pizza and burritos and homemade bread and Ethan crawling around. He was particularly interested in the 3-foot Christmas tree that is a permanent fixture in Betsy's living room. It was lovely to have Jeremiah there for the family time he's missed all summer. We watched The Emperor's New Groove with Bethany later that night...that is OUR movie (the three of us)...and quoted it and laughed the whole way through.

I had to work Monday, but we had a lunch date at Sharkey's and then coffee with Dawne at Mezamiz after work. That was wonderful...she is absolutely precious...and the scones at Mezamiz are to DIE for. Later, we had a dress-up date at Spano's, which included lots of Sinatra, fresh bread, pasta, good conversation and twinkling white lights. I love that place.

Tuesday was also wonderful...sleeping in and then making blueberry pancakes with Bethany and Jeremiah in the early afternoon. She got really creative and made "K" and "J" pancakes, and a "B" for her...so cute! Then we watched Italy and Germany play football for almost 120 minutes without a score, until Italy landed two in a row at the end of the second overtime. Boring, boring, boring...intense! The World Cup is so, so cool.

He left last night and God rescued me again...from moping and feeling sad as I wanted to do. Tori called and invited me to come watch fireworks with her family, and Bethany called and invited me over to Mark's before that. I do have lots of people who love me...I am continually humbled by that fact.

That's the news update from here. Still sending out resumes and queries, etc. And hoping for something soon. And I talked to an old friend who's living out her theatre dreams in Chicago...which was very encouraging. And I get to go to Highland tonight. And there will be two lovely roommates waiting for me at home.

God is good. All the time. Even when I forget it, He's there to remind me that He loves me. And if you're reading this, it's a sure thing that He loves you, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

I am so glad you had a great long weekend with Jeremiah. He sounds precious and I know you are. I want to meet that guy sometime. Thanks for the reminder.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

Katie--it was such a blessing to get to spend the weekend with you. So many great memories to share! Love you!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home