Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm going to take a cue from Scott's Rink-a-Link last week and post about the things I've loved this week. Because there have been a LOT. So, starting a week ago today...

Thursday I loved me:
-Some JamisonPriest, as I drove down the road to Austin.
-Big bear hugs from Charity and Jeremiah as we all met up at the church later.
-Yummy fresh taco salad, provided by Charity's parents at the church.
-Waaay cute pink T-shirts that we sponge-painted with our names and titles...one for each of the bridesmaids, Charity, and her mom. (And Charity's friend Miranda...hers said, appropriately, "Wedding Singer.")

Friday I loved me:
-A pedicure at a cute place in south Austin, complete with massage chair and lovely dark red polish. The little Asian ladies called, "Happy wedding!" as we exited. So cute. :)
-Rascal (Charity's sweet dog), who chilled out with us as we ate pizza at her house.
-Girlie time with my fellow bridesmaids, and some serious primping before the rehearsal dinner. (And a summer dress with a deliciously fun flowery skirt.)
-Fun talk with the boys about movies (a welcome break from wedding talk) at the rehearsal dinner...which was delicious.
-A few dozen bear hugs from my Jeremiah, and a comment from Charity's dad, to wit: "It's good to see y'all together." I agree.

Saturday I loved me:
-The chance to sleep in just a bit!
-Stealing a half-hour with Jeremiah after I got lost driving to Cedar Park.
-Lunch at the church with the bridesmaids, plus Val, Kara, Mandy and Jesse, who arrived just in time for the food!
-Wearing flowers in my hair and taking TONS of pictures.
-Watching two of my best friends commit their lives to each other...it was beautiful. So beautiful.
-Eating cake and mints and taking MORE pictures at the reception.
-Gabbing with Val and Kara until nearly 2:30 AM!

Sunday I loved me:
-Beautiful singing at Westover Hills...I was late, but I made it for some of the singing.
-Some excellent Mexican food, courtesy of Happy, and a good long chat with him about life, the universe and everything. :)
-Serious bear hugs at the Donagheys', and a fun Lifeteam with my second family, minus a few. I love them so much!
-A loooong catch-up gab with my roommates...boy drama, pirate medallion earrings and all sorts of fun!

Monday I loved me:
-Some blog posts I'd missed over the weekend.
-Jacque! She came in Monday evening to stay for two days, and we hugged and laughed and immediately started chattering away. I'd missed her so much!
-A huge pasta dinner with Jacque and the roommates...yummmm...

Tuesday I loved me:
-Rosa's! We took Jacque for her first meal there, and she loved it. :)
-Shopping - for a lovely new turquoise dress, two new necklaces, and two fluffy books to read this weekend on vacation. All for under $50!
-A long, unexpected talk with my old friend Mike from high school, who sounds better and more at peace than he has in a long while.
-A delightful gab with Jacque and Leigh Anne about clothes and boys and future plans and lots of things. Very girlie. Very fun.

Wednesday I loved me:
-The chance to actually write a bit at work - and I think another online mag may use one of my articles! We'll see...
-Jacque and Cole dropping by the office to say hello and goodbye...a little sad, but fun nonetheless.
-Being back at Highland, to hug lots of friends and hear Jerry Taylor preach and harmonize to my heart's content.
-Trading stories with Leigh Anne for HOURS last night...she should have been doing homework, but neither of us cared.

Today I love me:
-The fam coming into town in two hours...weekend vacation here we come!
-Amber, one of our resident artists...she's just precious.
-Lunch at the NEW home of Mr. and Mrs. Seth Shaver, who graciously offered me a sandwich and wedding cake when I dropped by to deliver their stuff. I was their first official guest!
-Dove dark chocolate...always.
-My little blog-family, some of whom I know will actually read this (bless you all). :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

i read it and that is saying something

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just happy i can read :D

3:09 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Friday..I love Katie!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

I read it. Katie, I know Nate and Jake Lollar. They go to my church in Tucson. Are yu the Katie that they know.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

sorry about the yu. Pushed publish without spellchecking.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I loves me some Katie.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Juliana said...

hey katie! i have a blog!
http://www.TL101.blogspot.com

ttly!

5:57 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

Dove dark Chocolate....you will always be my friend.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

dove dark chocolate - we must start a group or some such thing. and yes, i read it all - what a great life you have! any news on the job front or where you're going to live?? let me know!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home