Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm 22 for a moment...*

Well, not any more, as of today. But I love the song, and I wanted to use it today, since it IS my birthday. Here's a recap of the birthday fun so far:

-Breakfast cooked by Jeremiah this morning, after he sneakily stole a key that was NOT my house key and had to sit patiently on my deck waiting for me to wake up.

-28 Facebook wall posts and one message, wishing me a happy birthday - from friends scattered across the States. Thanks, guys, for the virtual hugs. :)

-A rousing praise chapel with Steven Moore, with hugs and birthday wishes from Maher Saab and Wayne Barnard (I have campus connections!).

-A serenade from one of my student workers, Anna, who isn't in the office on Fridays but called me anyway to sing to me. :)

-Decadent chocolate cake from McKay's, back in the break room with 20 or so of my favourite faculty and co-staff members. They serenaded me too!

-A crazily busy afternoon that I am declaring OVER. Lectureship madness begins all too soon...but I am escaping and going home, and perhaps going shopping. And then a date tonight...and a glorious "lie-in" tomorrow. And a Michael Card concert on Sunday. Mmmmm. Life is good.

*From "100 Years," Five For Fighting

7 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

happy birthday

4:46 PM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

Happy Birthday

10:53 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Happy Birthday, precious girl! I want to do something special for you. This has been my month to be behind on birthdays. I love you and I know that you have felt loved today...just one more person to say that I love you and wish you many more. The journey is just beginning.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jacque said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! Hope it was a wonderful day and that you are sufficiently enjoying your "lie-in" this morning. Love you!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

awww..glad it was special..you deserve it!..Michael Card..where?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

oh man - happy birthday belated!! Wish I'd seen this earlier. ENJOY!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie. So glad to know that it was a good one.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home