Friday, September 08, 2006

This week I have learned:

-that I can wake up at 7:22 and still be at work by just after 8:00 (it wasn't intentional, but it happened).

-that I like red M&Ms best - I just do.

-that I can put my creative writing flair to good use in the TONS of reminder emails I send to the Bible department faculty.

-that a lack of coffee in the break room constitutes, in Jack Walker's words, "a petite crisis" in the DBMM.

-that cardigans ARE sexy. Amen, Julie. :)

-that sometimes rebooting a computer really WILL solve all your problems.

-that cut flowers can survive for two weeks. (Betsy's orange daisies are still perking along nicely.)

-that I NEED alone time, as evidenced by the fact that I haven't had any.

-that the Conference on Christianity and Literature is being held at ACU in three weeks. Now, how can I swing it to go...?

-that sunrises through the Danleys' front windows are among the most breathtaking sights in the world.

-that new haircuts, even drastic ones, are fun.

-that Glenn, bless his kind, loyal, slightly pessimistic heart, actually does resemble the hound dogs he loves so much. :)

-that Fridays of 40-hour weeks are an even greater blessing than Fridays of 32-hour weeks.

-that reading friends' blogs is good for the soul. (I think I knew that already.)

-that I love my life. And my job. And my Jeremiah. And my friends. And the God who has made all this possible...and so much more.

Blessed be His Name...

5 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Katie, have you ever noticed that one can say ANYTHING about a person, and as long as they follow it with a "bless their heart" or "poor thing," it goes over just fine? Just try it out; it always works. Well...most always :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger T'auna said...

Its very sad because that is very true.. Have a blessed weekend!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

amen...blessed be His name..and how He must love that you have stopped to count your blessings!

I love you girl! Oh man, I want to get with you so much...

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you

7:49 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

Cardigan sweaters? Really?

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home