Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bits of Valentininess today:

-A dozen red roses from Jeremiah, hand-delivered before his 10 a.m. class...after he left Moody at close to 1 a.m. last night! All together now..."Awwwww..."

-Bags of Hershey's Kisses - double chocolate and caramel - from Carlene and me, to everyone. We've dumped them into candy dishes galore and told everyone to help themselves.

-A bar of dark chocolate from Carlene...yummmm.

-Nerds candy and matching Valentines, from me to the profs on my hall...they were a hit! Larry Henderson actually taped his to his shirt and wore it like a nametag. They're nerds, but they're proud of it!

-Surprising my fellow staff members, and various friends, with handmade Valentines.

-Today's Real Simple Daily Thought from Tom Stoppard: "It’s no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst. "

-A darling bucket of yummy truffles and caramels - homemade! - from Charity, delivered by Seth.

-A trip to the Writing Center to share the wealth and deliver Valentines to Cole and Julie S.

-Birthday cake! Larry Henderson is 56 today, so we all partook of yummy made-from-scratch chocolate cake in the break room after lunch.

-An unexpected lunch with J...warm vegetable soup and corn muffins at Cracker Barrel. Just the thing on a day of snow flurries and chill winds.

-This loveliness on 3191.

-A lovely big box from my mom, containing oodles of fun stuff, including notecards, K-shaped Post-Its, chocolate, the movie French Kiss and a tres chic new beret...cream with sweet black flowers.

-Plans to surprise Jeremiah tonight...he knows I'm bringing him dinner at dress rehearsal, but I'm throwing in a few special little extras. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogosphere friends. I love you, and I hope you've been able to both give and receive loveliness today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home