Friday, January 19, 2007

It's FRIDAY, and I love Fridays. Especially after funky first weeks, such as this one has been. But there are lots of things I love today...

Today I love my cute polka-dotted rain boots, my cozy purple sweater, a bowl of leftover chicken carbonara pasta (Jacque's famous recipe) at lunch, topped off by two oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. And lots of laughter with Olivia and Karissa, my two precious student workers.

I also love online talks with Candy, dark chocolate passed out by Tony Ash (the "candy man" in the DBMM), Glenn's sense of humor when he gets just a little frazzled, and the way JamisonPriest's cover of "Ten Degrees and Getting Colder" won't leave my head.

Most of all, I loved Friday Praise Day - sitting in the back of Moody with Sarah Gomez and listening to a heartfelt, passionate, articulate and poignant apology from Matt Worthington. This boy has a heart for racial reconciliation like few others I've ever known. I have so much respect for him, and I applaud his efforts. Check out his blog to read the apology. And after that, there was some equally heartfelt praise and worship led by Jeremiah and the Come As You Are team - eight of my favourite people in the world.

It came to be 5:00 before I knew it - time to tramp home and then tuck in for the weekend. Stay warm, everyone. Cheers!

6 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

Thanks Katie, one of my favorite people in the world.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Matt Worthington is the shiz..

1:55 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

I love online chats with Katie too (AND dark chocolate!). I'm so glad I finally figured that thing out. oh! And I ordered the book and also another one by her that sounded really good to me. Thank you.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

You have polka dot rainboots?! JEALOUS!!!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

Hey, I have had Jacque's chicken carbonera. It ain't all that.


(riposte, Jacque?)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Amber Lee said...

Katie,

Hey great to hear from you! Maybe I will see you in London! :)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home