Friday, January 06, 2006

It recently occurred to me that I've never explained the title (and subtitle) of my blog. Perhaps it is self-explanatory to some...I hope that readers (especially frequent readers) can see that this blog is a chronicle of my journey as God shapes me more fully into His likeness. But I drew the inspiration from one of my favorite songs, or poems (I think it's both): "Healed" by Nichole Nordeman.

I try to avoid posting long song lyrics on my blog, but these are so clear and lyrical (pardon the pun), and yet so weighted with meaning, that I just can't resist. Nichole quietly marvels at God's creative process as He continues to heal us by His wounds.

We stutter and we stammer till You say us
A symphony of chaos till You play us
Phrases on the pages of unknown
Until You read us into poetry and prose
We are kept and we are captive till You free us
Vaguely unimagined till You dream us
Aimlessly unguided till You lead us home

And by Your voice we speak
And by Your strength, no longer weak
We are no longer weak and
By Your wounds we are healed
(Tell me, what kind of love is this?)
By Your wounds we are healed

Passed over and passed by until You claim us
Orphaned and abandoned till You name us
Hidden undisclosed till You expose our lies

And by Your death we live
It is by Your gift that we might give
And by Your wounds we are healed
(Tell me, what kind of love is this?)
By Your wounds we are healed

What kind of love
Would take your shame and spill His blood for you
And save us by His wounds?...

Yes, I'm being read into poetry and prose, by the voice of the One who gave His blood for me. As He breathed life into the "dry bones" in the book of Ezekiel, so His voice makes me come alive. And I hear whispers of it everywhere...in a chilly golden winter sunset, in a stiff West Texas wind, in the liquid brown eyes of my puppy, in a hug or a kiss from someone I love. Truly He is everywhere, and He is always whispering to me...reading me into something more beautiful than I could ever imagine on my own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I didn't get it until just this post. WOW - those are beautiful images. I'm gonna steal that very soon ;-)

3:30 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

Nice, Katherine.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home