Thursday, March 22, 2007

Now that we're back in Abilene, we seem to be getting the weather we expected but didn't have in Oxford (cloudy, windy, possibly rainy and quite changeable). Oxford, by contrast, was windy, but unexpectedly warm and sunny. It was putting on a pretty face for my Jeremiah, of course, who quite enjoyed meeting and getting to know my favourite city. :) We walked around nearly the whole perimeter of the city, ate at several of my fave places (On the Hoof, G&D's, Ali's kebab van and the Morgans' kitchen), enjoyed a long, worshipful service at St. Aldate's and a highly entertaining sermon from my friend Simon, visited meadows, parks and markets, and spent loads of time with my lovely Jacque and her charming Mike. More stories and pictures to come...but yes, we are back in Abilene; yes, we are now un-jet-lagged; yes; we had a lovely time; and yes, I cried as we left Oxford. But I am going back. Which makes the leaving, not easy, but bearable.

5 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

I am glad that you are back and yet happy and sad that you are going back...sad because I will miss you immensely and happy because I think that is absolutely where you need to be going.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I have thought of you, Katie, and am so glad to know that you and J had both a wonderful time and a safe trip home.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

aww..I am so glad you had a great time..not surprised..you two are so precious!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I'm so glad you two had a great time. I would love to get to know Oxford through your eyes. It's obvious you love it so much. Hope to see you sometime soon.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

Welcome home!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home