Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Counting Down the Hours

I have spent my last night in the little flat, sung my heart out at Highland for the last time (for a while), hugged every member of my beloved Lifeteam, squeezed all of my stuff into Jeremiah's storage unit (thank you, honey - and everyone who helped!) and all of my clothes into my suitcases and my parents' closets. I have bought a new camera, as my beloved old one has been acting up for a couple of months. I have weighed my two huge suitcases at least four times each. I will probably wind up paying at least one overage fee.

I have had coffee and hugs and tears and smiles with various girlfriends - Kathy, Amanda, Barbara, Jana, Dawne, Charity, Grace, Leigh Anne, and two Julies. I have spent two nights with my dear friends the Montgomerys - Monday night because I planned to and Tuesday night because I just couldn't leave. I have cuddled with my J every night for the past two and a half weeks, and I have finally held him and cried with him and blown him a last kiss goodbye. We still have several phone conversations to go. And we will see each other via Skype soon - and for real in just under four months.

I have eaten half a dozen Tex-Mex meals in the last few days (thanks to Cole and other friends) - stocking up because I won't get any for a while. I have left my wedding ring with my mother, my plants with Grace, and a large part of my heart in Abilene. And I am ready. Ready for this new adventure, which holds all sorts of things known and unknown. And my plane out of Midland leaves in 16 hours - and my flight out of Dallas leaves tomorrow at 7 p.m.

So here's goodbye, here's so long
I must go and follow love
I feel my heart movin' on
I must go and follow love
Carry on while I'm gone
This is what I've been dreamin' of
I'll miss you so, but I must go
Go and follow love

-"Follow Love," FFH

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping you might make it one more night - we were getting used to you here at the house! :-) We love you, Katie, and are thinking of you with hearts full of joy and excitement for your adventure! Having left someone for a year before, my heart was tender as I knew some of what you were feeling. Enjoy every moment! Love, Frankie

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you already! have fun!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Yes! Enjoy every moment - live in each one of them - savor them - journal them - share them with us! I'm excited for you.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Thinking about you and hoping your flight is FANTASTIC!! I've already been missing you, so now I will just continue to miss you from across the pond. Cheers, love!

9:06 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Katie, hard to type. I miss you.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Katie -- you're gone! I sent you an e-mail, but I sent it to your ACU mail. Only later did occur to me that you probably don't check it anymore! I wish you the best on your adventures and can't wait to read about it all.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Katie, I wish you all the best!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home