Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On the road again*

Having finished one and a half more books (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and If Today Be Sweet by Thrity Umrigar), co-hosted a garage sale, done copious amounts of laundry (thanks to Jodi's generosity), attended a dinner hosted by Scott at Cole's house (which was ever so much fun), sent tons of emails, and put in several days at work - all since I last posted - I'm taking off. Going to Nashville tomorrow to visit my sweet Bethany, to hang out in her lovely apartment and go to her knitting shop and meet some of her friends and explore Nashville while she has to work. And talk for hours and hours with her (we never run out of things to say), and perhaps get to see Laura G and some of my Oxford girls. This has definite potential to be a fabulous, long, lazy girlie weekend (though I will miss my J and be glad to get back to Abilene). However, right now I'm getting excited! See y'all in a few days!

*From "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson - though my favorite rendition comes from the donkey in Shrek

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang girl you read fast lol. i'll miss you at work but have a good trip! oh and tell laura i said hey--i met her on the hawaii SBC this past spring break.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jacque said...

Guess what?! I got all 3 of the Good Girl Lit books. So fun...and the 3rd book by Melanie Jeschke in the Inklings series. So exciting! Summer reading...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yay! I'm leaving to pick you up in 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Have fun, Katie! Please tell Laura I said hello.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy! I'm reading A Severe Mercy and it made me think of you when he was describing Oxford. :o)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love Nashville! Have fun..and I loved being with you and Jeremiah the other night..so much fun..you two are precious!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

Donkey: Can I whistle?

Shrek: No.

Donkey: Well can I hum it?

Shrek: Alright

Donkey: Hmm mm mm mm mm (to the tune of "On the Road Again")

I love you so much! I can't wait to see you tomorrow evening.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home