Friday, June 08, 2007

After Julie D and Kelly Rae linked to Jen Lemen on their blogs this week, I had to go visit her site. I love her whimsical, life-affirming art, and John O'Donohue is one of my treasured authors. Six and a half years ago, I received a book of his called Anam Cara from my dear Walker, and I have read certain sections of it again and again.

New things begun this week: a charming ocean-blue journal sketched with cheerful red birds; a few new essays; a "Creative Inspirations" link list (see sidebar); the fourth book in the Time Quintet (Many Waters); some thinking about a couple of projects-to-come. The office has been so quiet that I've had time and space to think and write. Things will pick up next week when Glenn returns from Russia, but it will still be summer and therefore still relaxed.

Summer delights I've savored recently: strawberry lemonade from Tuscany's (they have cherry and raspberry, too); chips and queso from Rosa's Cafe (a year-round boon, but best in the summer); bursts of blooms from my crimson geranium; fresh peaches and plums; and an unexpected lunch with Erin Day, who is road-tripping from Houston to Alaska with her husband Heath and their lovely one-year-old daughter Charyse (see link in sidebar).

I am so, so, so glad it's Friday. J gets a respite from his crazy week of working three jobs, and I get to spend time with him, some other friends and my neighbor's adorable poodle, Jasmine. Happy weekend, dear ones!

6 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

you guys have a great time together.

4:57 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Katie, Jen was a amazing connection at a time in my life when I needed that kind of connection and I know that she is always there still if I need her. She is such a sweet spirit.
I wish that I could've seen the Days..remember that I worked with Heath's mom. We loved seeing new Charise pictures after a trip to Houston.
And yes, Jasmine is so fun...what color are her nails this week...lime green or hot pink?
I love you.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn is in Russia?! -- so are my parents! haha

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of you to find me some boxes! I would be happy to pick them up from you anytime, either after our lunch on Friday or sometime next week. I hope you are having a cheery Tuesday!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love the quote.."..no fear of change"..very cool!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home