Monday, May 07, 2007

Love and marriage*

As many of you have heard by now, I am engaged! Jeremiah asked me to marry him on Friday night after work, at Erinshire Gardens here in Abilene (one of our favorite places). It was impeccably planned and beautifully executed - I am so impressed by him (again) and so wonderfully, incredibly, deliriously happy.

He picked me up after work and took me home, and we hung out at my flat for a bit, then went on a walk down to Erinshire. (I thought I spotted a video camera through the trees when we passed the little chapel there, but he shrugged it off and tried to act nonchalant.) We walked around for a while and then "randomly" ran into our good friends Tim and Julie Danley from church, with whom I lived for a while. They hugged us both and then talked to me for a bit while Jeremiah ran off through the trees to answer a phone call. By this point I knew something was up...
He called me a moment later from the chapel and said, "Come to the chapel. I have a surprise for you." When I reached the chapel, I heard guitar music and saw Kendall Massey (director of Sing Song and Jeremiah's good friend) sitting in the chapel, playing. Jeremiah sang Josh Groban's "When You Say You Love Me" (one of our special songs), then dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him...and I said, "Of course." My sister was there, taking pictures, and our friend Robert was taking video (I had seen the camera through the trees!). We took lots more pictures and I called my mom; then we headed to some friends' house for what I thought was a surprise birthday party for Jeremiah, but turned out to be a surprise engagement party. So everyone was surprised in some way. :)
We're planning to get married in Abilene, sometime next summer ('08) after I finish my coursework in Oxford. I'll keep you all posted, don't worry. But for now, I just wanted to let everyone know.

There will be LOTS of pictures forthcoming, but most of them aren't on my camera, so for now I'll just leave you with a couple:


Jeremiah singing to me, and Kendall playing

Here's us smiling afterward. Check out Julie's blog for a close-up picture of the ring. More pictures to come!

*from "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra

15 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Katie, I am so happy for you both. I love the last picture so much--you both look so happy.

Best wishes and much love to you both.

5:39 PM  
Blogger julie said...

I was there and I have seen these pictures but I teared up seeing them again and reading your words. So, so happy for you and Jeremiah...God is smiling.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh happy day! :-) I can't wait to see more photos.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Congrats! That's so awesome! God bless you two in your future together. Be blessed and peace.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Next summer...I am at that wedding for sure!!!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your article in the latest Radiant newsletter and had to comment on your blog to let you know I enjoyed reading it. You are a gifted, inspiring writer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And congratulations on the engagement!

8:16 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

Thanks for calling and making me a part of the evening. You both are gifts that God has created to bless the world and it's good to see that you will bring it all together. My prayer is that God will protect your different journeys this year and keep your hearts at peace while your apart. Peace to you both.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and for Jeremiah. I love the pictures and can't wait to see more.
Jeremiah's mom

1:31 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I just came across your blog and I wanted to Congratulate you on your engagement! I know how exciting that must be!! I pray that God will bless you both in your upcoming marriage.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on! where's pic's of the ring??

:P

5:21 AM  
Blogger Brambleberry said...

Congratulations!!

What a romantic proposal. It sounds picture perfect.

Blessings!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

Congratulations to you both!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I just got a chance to sit down and read the story. That Jeremiah! What a romantic! So so sweet! This is a great memory you'll share the rest of your lives and it sure doesn't hurt that there were pictures and video!! Once again, CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes for years and years of many more happy memories together.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Katie. As Jeremiah's favorite cousin, I want to welcome you to the family! May God richly bless both of you as you grow together in Him.

Joan

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home