Monday, April 23, 2007

I have been there in the summer
In the southern Rocky range
With the evergreen and the aspen
A quiet voice that doesn't change

You know it's almost like a dream
It's a rock in the stream

Old coyote sings a love song
To a lonely yellow moon
Where the old one wants and wanders...
Breathes life into his food

You know it's almost like a dream
But it's a rock in the stream

Life gives you everything, everything it has
And God comes to touch you
He's gonna set you on the ground

In the Sangre de Cristo Mountains
Between the Hermit and the crest
Clear waters wash the valley
You know the soul can find its rest

Oh, it's almost like a dream
But it's a rock in the stream

Please take me back - oh, take me to my home
Please, please take me back - I'll no longer roam

In the Sangre de Cristo mountains
Beneath the moon's yellow gleam
With the evergreen and the aspen
You know I'm stopped for a dream
But it's like a rock in an ever-moving stream

~Scott Simpson, "Rock in the Stream"
From his Circuitous album, 2005

Today I'm thinking about Blue Haven, where I spent two weeks hiking and writing in May 2005. I finally found the CD this song is on and have been playing it over and over, as my heart floods over with memories. Perhaps I'll share some of them later...but for now I wanted to echo the words of the bridge..."take me to my home."

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

man, i ache for a hiking trip in some beautiful country.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home