Friday, March 30, 2007

Things I'm loving lately...

Daily Thought wallpaper
from Real Simple magazine. I devour this magazine every month, and I get their Daily Thought newsletter every day...but now I can have it on my desktop all the time! Charming, sweet simplicity. Guess which one is on my desktop right now? (Hint: I just finished reading Austen's Persuasion.)

Educating Alice: Adventures of a Curious Woman, lent to me by the lovely Julie Sosebee, who is, in her own words, "always pushing books at me like an incorrigible drug dealer." It's true. But I love it. Please, Julie, don't stop with the delicious books!

Hershey's Extra Dark chocolate bars. Cheaper than Dove, less sweet than Ghirardelli - I love the yummy bittersweetness. Enough said.

Lunches with friends, planned and impromptu. Wraps with Dawne at my flat; peanut butter, jelly and fruit with Julie D at my flat; yumminess at the Hickory Street Cafe with Julie S. I adore connecting time.

Anne and May's hilarious posts on everything from facials to adoption to Amy Grant. I want to meet these girls some day. Both their books and their blog are a real kick.

My new-to-me mackintosh, long and khaki-colored, a hand-me-down from Betsy. I feel European chic in it, and it keeps me dry - important in a rainy A-town this week.

Passing out copies of my FIRST print feature, in the spring issue of Radiant. A whole box of them came last week! I love sharing stuff like that with people who are proud of me. :)

More Oxford stories and pics to come soon, after a weekend spent mostly in Midland, catching up with the 'rents and attending a wedding shower for yet another dear friend named Julie. (I have four. Aren't I lucky?) Happy (wet) Friday, everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I always love reading about what makes you happy. Thanks for sharing. Also, I am so proud of you for the article! If you happen to have an extra, I would love it (no pressure :)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Real Simple wallpaper is wonderful! And so are you, my lovely. I hope your weekend was most amiable! :-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Jenny Lynn said...

bravo, katie, for your first print feature! that's awesome. wish i was there to check it out. hope you're having a great day (it's jenny ferguson, btw, formerly of ACU but now sequestered so far from all she really loves and cherishes up in Amarillo, TX. *sigh* i miss ACU and all of you guys like crazy)

11:58 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey, I just got a Macintosh too. Wait... Mackintosh?!?

;-)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hear ya, I love Real Simple as well!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie,

Thank you so very much for including Angelwish in your recent print article in Radiant Magazine. Well done!

Please stay in touch.

Shimmy@angelwish.org

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home