Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A few items of interest:

I love early summer because early evening feels SO much like late afternoon. With all the windows open in the flat and light pouring in, it's heavenly.

I just witnessed a sunshiny shower on my deck. Went and stood out in it, in fact. Only in West Texas...

Anne Lamott is right. Pretty lipstick, or lip gloss in my case, "gives me a face I am happier to bring into the world."

New favorite bath product: the Beach Cove Tropical Bomb body bar, given to me at Christmas by sweet Dani Lin. I was saving it until spring...and I LOVE it. Smells like the beach, for sure.

There are nearly a dozen books by Madeleine L'Engle in my flat right now - I checked out three the other day. I am SO happy about that.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Intense. Convoluted. Heart-wrenching. Drenched with special effects and strange accents and surprising twists. I howled with fury at the end (not quite literally) - but I MUST go see it again. Soon.

Anne and May's new book comes out next month, as does Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Get excited...I love summer reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am eager to see the third Pirates movie when I get back home, so I'm glad to hear it's good! Let's have lunch in a couple of weeks and swap stories, okay?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home