Thursday, May 10, 2007

Have you heard what they're saying on the street?*

Some of my favorite reactions to the engagement...

My mom (crying): "Ohhhhhh, Katie, I'm so excited for you!"

Jacque (via email): "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Steven Moore (stunned look): "He finally did it! Jeremiah finally proposed!"

Calvin (hands raised above head): "Whoo-Hoo!"

Ron Morgan: "Wow! Hurrah!"

Janine Morgan: "Whooo-hoo, calloo, callay!"

Mimi Barnard: "Congrats, Katie and Jeremiah. It'll be a great life."

Dan McGregor: "All right!" (high five)

Julie Sosebee: "The future Katie Gibson?!?!?!"

Simon (via email): "WELL DONE - ABOUT TIME! He is a very good egg indeed!"

Bev (crying): "You guys! I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad you called! It makes me feel so special!"

Grace (on voicemail): "Katie Noah, you call me back right now! Facebook says you're engaged and I need to know if it's true!" (In my defense, I had tried to reach her earlier, before putting it on Facebook - but she was out of town.)

Bethany: "WHAAAT?!?!" (squealing, more squealing) "Jeremiah was supposed to TELL me when he did it! I'm coming to Abilene tomorrow!" (She was in Dallas for the weekend.)

Jana Beck (my very favorite, at church Sunday): "Oh! Oh! I've been sitting here going on about my HAIR! I'm so excited for you!" (beginning to sniffle) "Oh, that's so sweet! That makes me cry! Why does that make me cry?"

Thanks to everyone who has shared in our joy, at work, church and home; over the phone, via email and in person. I'm sure I speak for J as well...we love you and are SO thankful for your support.

Oh, and that picture of the ring I've been promising:


And stealing a kiss afterward:


Happy weekend, everyone...happy graduation, Jeremiah and Betsy!

*from "A Rumor in St. Petersburg," from the movie Anastasia

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

That's a great list! It's neat to see the way everyone else responded (I'm very jealous that I didn't think of exclaiming, "calloo, callay"). I love imagining the ones I know doing exactly what you describe.

I'd like to say you can tell a lot about a person by how they react to big news like that...but since my reaction only included (a) squealing, (b) the sinking omg-something's-changing feeling, and (c) an irrational (but amazing!) roadtrip within a trip to see you, perhaps I don't want to necessarily be judged by my compulsive actions. ; )

2:40 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

yep..i felt pretty special!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

What a great post. You will love looking back and remembering the excitment of those around you. You and Jeremiah take the BEST pictures ever! And, what a BEAUTIFUL ring.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home