Friday, June 01, 2007

Fun Friday Linkage

I am deeply absorbed in the Time Quintet by Madeleine L'Engle, having read three of them in the last week. I love her fantastic imagination and gentle sensibility, and her firm belief in a time and space larger than we can understand.

Check out Cole's blog and Julie's blog for stories about Espana...how I wish I'd gotten to go with them! I am definitely going back when I'm in Oxford next year.

Am currently reading at least five books, as usual, but finally finished The Forest for the Trees (excellent; a must-read for any writer or editor) and am delighting in French Women for All Seasons (thank you, Julie!). I've reached the "Summer" section and have found all kinds of new yummy ideas for recipes.

Tonight: off to M-town for a rendezvous with at least one old friend, a trip to my beloved Barnes & Noble, and a wedding shower tomorrow. Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Brambleberry said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Will have to check out French Women....sounds very interesting.

Enjoy!

6:15 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

I read the first two books of the time quintet two years ago. Very good. Cole's blog was a good warm up for my Barcelona trip in the fall.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cole definitely has all the good stories. I hope you do go for a visit while you live in Oxford, especially to San Sebastian -- just make sure it's not cold and rainy before you go! :-)

4:29 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks much for the sweet comment today, Katie. Blogger was doing strange things with this post, so I had to delete and repost--that is why your comment is no longer there.

Happy Monday--hope all is well!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there -
I just read your article in Radiant and wanted to say great job! I love L'engle. A friend turned me on to 'Walking on Water' about 8 years ago and it helped change the course of my life. Her stuff is just great....
good to know there is another person on the journey!
Reba
http://www.paintingtheinvisible.com

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Katie-
I've read your blog and Radiant articles periodically and wished I was the writer you are. I knew Jeremiah when I was in college and found your blog through his or perhaps someone else's from ACU. I just got the new radiant newsletter and saw your article, thinking how cool it is once again to see someone published that I "kind of" know. Usually I just read and admire, but this time I wanted to respond.

The last summer I was in Abilene, I poured over L'Engle's books. My reading list consisted of 13 of them, none of them from the Time quartet. I'd already read all those and loved each one. Her books for adults are just as beautiful and wonderful as the ones for children. I'd venture to say that you will have a wonderful summer if you're spending it with those books!

Congratulations to you and Jeremiah, as well. Have fun in England!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home