Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Gratitudes

Today I'm thankful for...

~Stubborn streaks of sunshine, which are peering through despite threatening rain clouds.

~Bath and Body Works' delicious scents of Mango Mandarin and Cherry Blossom, among others.

~Whoever left their half-full bottles of John Frieda Brilliantly Brunette shampoo and conditioner in the ACU houses' community cabinets. :)

~Long, delicious emails from my beloved J, and other loved ones who are far away.

~The music of Nichole Nordeman, which can get me excited or calm me down, but always nourishes my spirit.

~Getting through four cantos of Spenser's The Faerie Queene. I feel very scholarly and accomplished.

~A journal (an ecologically responsible one) and pens to pour out my thoughts, wishes, fears, hopes and frustrations.

~Plans tonight – to go out with friends from the international group at St Aldates to watch the England-France rugby match. (Watching this match in an English pub, in the presence of at least one Frenchman, should be highly entertaining!)

~Stay-in nights such as last night, when Lizzie and I ate panini sandwiches and homemade cake and talked for hours.

~Having a new post up at Sacred Spaces.

~The return home of the Spain group - tomorrow!

~T.E. Carhart's The Piano Shop on the Left Bank, a beautiful memoir about falling in love with pianos in Paris.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

You are such a gifted writer, Katie! I am thankful that the Lord has given you the ability to communicate your thoughts in such a tangible, authentic way. Be blessed:)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

"The Faerie Queen." Shoot me now.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home