Saturday, September 29, 2007

I am newly in love with the garden shop on North Parade, Town Garden. In the middle of preparing breakfast this morning, I had to run to the 9-to-9 to get milk, and the Town Garden man was setting out his stock and whistling. He bade me a cheery "G'morning" as I perused his stock of herbs, pots, gardening tools, herb-scented candles, and potted pansies (a pound each!). I was sorely tempted to buy some bulbs or perhaps a pansy, though I took my leave without purchasing anything. But I will be going back - and probably not just to browse the adorable Japanese lanterns and the lovely lace-up gardening boots. I haven't got much space to garden, but I do think a living plant or two would brighten up both my houses this winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

this sounds so Notting Hill and I wish I was there to take it all in with you.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home