Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Roommate Rundown

Several people have asked about my little house in Cowley, and my roommates - what they're like, if I'm enjoying them so far. Let me say unequivocally that they are three dear, precious girls. Here's the scoop on my sweet roomies:

Lizzie is the reason I found the house in the first place, as she goes to my beloved St Aldates Church and posted the house ad on the church's Facebook page. She currently works full-time at Starbucks (is cutting down to 2 shifts a week when school begins), and coaches hockey one night a week. She's an exercise science major, adores kids, and is funny, talkative and practical. She can attack an iced-over freezer and get it sorted out in short order, and she remembered to bring me flowers on my birthday.

Jo is half English, half Welsh, but hails from Cardiff and speaks a bit of Welsh. She just got here last weekend, loves to bake, is quiet and sweet and a good listener. (She's an exercise science and education major.) She has both an apron and a duvet cover depicting the Welsh flag, and she made me a chocolate cake for my birthday. Yummm.

Grace is an occupational therapy major; she has an out-of-town internship this semester in Slough (south of here), so she's only back at weekends. She's a doll, though - sweet and friendly, and always wants everybody to be happy. Her parents are missionaries in Japan, and she's engaged to a guy who works as an outdoor instructor in Wales.

I'm still learning their stories, though I know bits and pieces, and we're getting along famously so far. I'm so thankful to God for providing me with these sweet, Jesus-loving, welcoming roommates. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home