Monday, October 10, 2005

Remember is a place from long ago
Remember - filled with everything you know
Remember when you're sad and feelin' down
Remember - Turn around

Remember - Life is just a memory
Remember - Close your eyes and you will see
Remember - Think of all that life can be
Remember...

-Harry Nilsson, "Remember (The Christmas Song)"

It's a chill rainy day in Abilene, and I feel like remembering. Remembering hot chocolate made in Bert & Ernie cups when Bets and I were little. Remembering hours spent at the Ground Floor, painting the bathroom or brewing rich dark coffee or drinking steamers and talking about everything and nothing. Remembering cold, gray days in Oxford when just walking down the street meant anything could happen.

Here's to memories and the deep subtle richness they add to our lives. My storehouse of memories holds a few painful ones, but I will be forever grateful to my God that He has made us a people who remember.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I remember I left the iron on...see ya.

4:40 AM  
Blogger rkw said...

I have no choice but to check your blog every day now. Grace and Peace.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home